I travel to Italy six to eight times per year searching for great wines of Italy. To me it’s not just about the oak, amphora, or stainless steel vats that the wine ferments in or the region in which the grapes are grown, for me it is about the terrior the land on which the grape vines grow. I believe that terrior makes up 90% of a great wine and the other 10 % is the identity man gives the grape in the cellar. Great wine makers are farmers, and their work is done in the fields so when I open a bottle of wine , I want to taste the terrior first and then the individual identity the winemaker gives the wine. Nowhere on this beautiful planet are there as many grape varietals, types of terrior and microclimates as there are in Italy. Italy simply has it all, so I guarantee that I have tasted every wine on my site, but these wine picks are the ones that stood out this week. Sometimes it’s the time, the place , the food or the person you tasted it with the makes a bottle of wine incredible. - La Forza Vic
My friend in Montalcino said it so peacefully, here is the English translation:
"When I began to harvest my land I had a love for earth of which I respectfully ask its fruits for our lives. Soon I realized that I was perhaps seeking to live a relationship with earth that went beyond simple business principles."
Andrea Cortonesi, Ucceliera Montalcino Italy